Takuma Yagi (八木 拓真)
This is Takuma Yagi's personal webpage.
I am a first-year Ph.D. student at The University of Tokyo, advised by Prof. Yoichi Sato.
I got my bachelor degree at Tokyo Institute of Technology, and got my master degree at The University of Tokyo.
I'm especially interested in first-person vision (FPV) and visual forecasting.
- Takuma Yagi (八木 拓真)
Computer Vision and Machine Learning
First-person vision, human behavior understanding and visual forecasting
- 2017 B.E. in Computer Science, Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Advisor: Prof. Koichi Shinoda
- Thesis: Patch-based Human Action Recognition from Video via Disrciminative Feature Mining
- 2019 M.S. in Information and Communication Engineering, The University of Tokyo
- Advisor: Prof. Yoichi Sato
- Thesis: Future Person Localization in First-Person Videos
- Sep. 2018 - Dec. 2018, Microsoft Research Asia
- Research Internship at Media Computing Group. Advisor: Dr. Xun Guo
- Jun. 2017 - Mar. 2018, Dwango Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
- Curriculum supervisor/lecturer at Neuro-Inspired COmputing To AI School (NICO2AI School)
- Dec. 2015 - Jan. 2016, Datasection.Inc
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Mar. 2014 - Mar. 2015, Datasection.Inc
Awards and Grants
- 2019 JASSO Scholarship for Top 10% Excellent Master Students (2112,000 JPY) from Japan Student Services Organization
- Apr. 2019 (declined the offer) JSPS Research Fellowship for Young Scientists (JSPS DC1)
- Jul. 2018 - present Masason Foundation full member (until Jun. 2023)
- 2018 The NEC C&C Foundations: Grants for Attendees at International Conference
- Received a scholarship of 200,000 JPY travel grant for attending CVPR 2018
- Apr. 2017 - Mar. 2018 Toyota/Dwango Scholarship for Advanced Artificial Intelligence Researcher
- Receieved a scholarship of 100,000 JPY/month as a exellent graduate student who participates in advanced artificial intelligence study/research
Last Update: 2019-06-05
© 2019 Takuma Yagi